Welcome To Kota
Kota formerly known as Kotah, is the 25th largest district in the northern Indian state of Rajasthan. It is located 240 kilometers (149 mi) south of state capital, Jaipur. Situated on the banks of Chambal River, and has been identified as a counter-magnet city for the National Capital Region to attract migrants and develop as an alternative centre of growth to Delhi. It is 47th most populous city of India.
Kota is famous for its coaching institutes for engineering and medical entrance exams. It is also called "Education City of India".
The city is the trade centre for an area in which millet, wheat, rice, pulses, coriander, and oilseeds are grown; industries include cotton and oilseed milling, textile weaving, distilling, dairy, manufacture of metal handcrafts, fertilizers, chemicals and engineering equipment.
The town of Kota was once the part of the erstwhile Rajput kingdom of Bundi. It became a separate princely state in the 17th century. Apart from the several monuments that reflect the glory of the town, Kota is also known for its palaces and gardens.
News / Events / Tender
- Press Vigyapti regarding typing test dt 14-12-2019
- Patwari Posting Order (Kota district) dated 15-07-2019
- Social Audit work 2019-20 BRP/GRP Selection Advertisement dated 03-06-2019
- Land Record Inspector(Bhoo Abhilekh Nirikshak) Recruitment Examination 2019 dated 28-03-2019
- >> >> Click here for more news << <<
Loading Feed Data...